New Buyer's Guide.

Yep. For the money you won’t get anything nearly as good as that.

or this maybe, on a par. HASA 2011 Fixie Bike

Y’know, the Hasa mountain bikes aren’t too bad. They’ve got decent parts but non-series chains/cassettes, but shit they do ok on value.

I would most likely upgrade parts in the future, I’m quite fond of my Shimano Ultegra components on my road bike (which I unfortunantly had to leave back in NZ) and will probably end up with a hybrid looking bike because of this.

The Mallet 2 is looking like the bike for me, but unfortunatly the only colour they have left (baby blue) is not that appealing to me. Maybe I should just bite the bullet. Get it repainted/powder coated at a later date.

caring about colours i.s for teenage girls and gun-toting gangsters. get blue, spray it black with a spray can, or put beer label stickers over it

Mallet 2 is still toting those shitty stars quando wheels though. That’d be the first thing to swap out.

alright thanks mate

could always go mojo lol

just skidded through my back tire, can i get some suggestions on a decent tire, to replace it?

you, my friend, should use the search function. thousands of threads on this topic.

Let me paraphrase…

If you skid a lot, tyres wear out quick.
If you skid a lot, buy cheap tyres.

Clipless Pedals. I’ve used Shimano SPDs all my life, M646, 520, 540, etc for mtbing and fixed. I wanted to try something different - the ones i’ve had for 5yrs now and need to be replaced. I’ve thought about Crank Brothers Egg beaters and Time ATAC’s. Anyone with some experience with all of them to compare them? or if you’ve tried and like only one tell me how they are, particularly with riding fix and upward pull forces.

If all else fails i’m going to buy a new set of XT or XTR spds.

Thanks guys!

yo, brendan. I did a search. The last talk about pedals in particular with Clipless pedals was feb 2010. If everyone needs to search and find info about topics over a year ago whats the point of a forum? I’ve done a google search, i’ve been on other bike forums.

i found this

But none of the threads work.

But anyway - if anyone wants to say a thing or 2 go for it.

[QUOTE=brendan;318033][/QUOTE]

+1. Possible search “time atac”

Hey should this thread be renamed: “A place for noobs to post questions that have been answered many times already, and for other users to then quite rightly chastise them for doing so.” ?

:rolleyes:

I’ve had experience with eggbeaters, don’t go for the cheap models they don’t last. The superior models I’ve had no probs with.

that’s interesting. i did a cursory search and found these:

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/t12834/

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/t11644/

both of which seemed quite helpful.

just have a fed section =]

^ i thought this is that section?

Kind of thought it was too. Thanks for showing the light guys. much appreciated. ordered some time ATACs just now.