Odd jobs/ute hire/random work - MELB

Hello all.

This is a bit of an odd one, but thought I may as well try it & see what happens.

Some of you may know, I’m heading off to Tassie late November for a month & I’m trying to save as much as possible in a short space of time. Work has been pretty quiet & I’m not getting as many hours as I’d like. I also mainly work nights & get bored during the day. I’d get another hospo job but that’d probably involve lying about my trip, and that’s a jerk move.

So, thought I’d see if anyone has any random jobs they need doing around the house or shit they need moved & don’t have a big enough car to do so etc. Thinking along the lines of:

• tip runs
  • airport runs
  • moving house
  • Bunnings trips
  • deliveries etc

Or maybe you need someone to do some totally mundane shit at your work for a day but never have the time to find someone?

I dunno, like I said, bit random, but maybe there’s something out there I can help with.

Hit me up if you think of anything & we’ll go from there.

rolly@fixed.org.au or 0405 571 790.

Start “Uter”

I might require your services, will PM you later.

operators are standing by and await your message!

go on airtasker. there’s zillions of things exactly what you’re describing

really? never heard of it! will investigate. thanks!!

Uber? Pays well I hear or try a labour hire company like inter industrial?

Airtasker is a great tip. Uber would be good, but takes time to set yourself up, and there are probably more appropriate cars for it.

yeah uber probably isn’t great in a Hilux, bit bouncy without anything in the tray! reckon that’s more an evening thing too yeah?

have joined airtasker, seems you’ve gotta be quick, few ppl offering to do pretty much everything etc…

I was/am on airtasker and didn’t have a great experience. I spent a few weeks applying for window washing, assembling flat-pack furniture, flat cleaning, small programming jobs and got nothing so I’ve pretty much given up on it.

yo melbourne peeps, i need a job again.

lookin for cafe work, days only, preferably front of house.

can make coffee but i ain’t no barista.

if you know of any cafes with signs in the window etc, let me know!!

thanks all.

yo melbourne peeps, i need a job again.

lookin for cafe work, days only, preferably front of house.

can make coffee but i ain’t no barista.

if you know of any cafes with signs in the window etc, let me know!!

thanks all.

I believe Boundary Espresso on Plenty Rd are after someone

sweet, thanks!!

Nothing a long beard and tatts can’t fix.

We need a fence in the backyard re-done. The neighbour’s trees are overgrown and pushing into our yard. The neighbour is a prominent Melbourne restaurateur with mafia links. Every time we ask him to control his trees and contribute to fixing up the fence he hurls abuse and threats at us.

If you want to just pop round and fix it all up one arvo that’d be swell :wink:

(Good luck with the job hunt though Rolls!)

yeahhhhhhh nahhhhhhhhh.

Yo Rolly, how bigs your ute? I need to move a queen size wall bed from Port Melb to Collingwood

[/threaddig]

Was also considering digging up this one

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=21888

Wall bed?

not that big coz canopy. sorry mate!