Post your MTB ride

cane creek thud buster, (hopefully it isn’t one of November 2000 to June 2002 models that got recalled.)

Bought this yesterday from work. 2009 Marin Bobcat Hydro in size 22". Nothing special parts wise at the moment. Wanna chuck a better crank-set, shifts and a rigid for on it soon though. Next purchase will be Crank Bro’s eggbeaters though. After years of riding fixed and bmx exclusively this thing is amazing and great fun. can’t wait to get it out on some trails!

My two!

Damn nice bikes man!

Just got this!

Thanks man. your yeti is real nice. iv always had a soft spot for yetis of any description haha.

Built this up from the spares box - christmas tree’d my old broken hardtail for running gear, new cables and outers pads etc, a 60 buck unloved learsport bike from ebay and about 20 bux worth of stickers. It actually rides pretty well, just a little heavy. I totaled a brake lever and the back wheel on my duallie on the weekend, so I will be riding this in the anaconda in a couple of weeks!

Some nice bikes to throw around on the dirt jumps here. And Watimena that’s a great bike to put together out of a spares box. Liking the ‘one less car’ sticker too!

thought it was baout time to reply to this…
YETI 575
Full XTR build including wheels
Thompson elite seat post
Thompson stem
protaper bars soon to be replaced with carbon flats
goodridge braided brake lines
shinano spd pedals
fox forks/ shock
The first photo is it at the office
The second photo is it at the world 24 champs at stromlo
Dustin van Nek’s Photos | Facebook
Dustin van Nek’s Photos | Facebook

Bike looks good. What is Stromlo like these days? I left CBR a few years back, and the last time I went riding there was before the fires and it was still covered in trees. You could grab a coffee at the Observatory on the summit and the Single track started from there.

Updated. Marin Hydro Bobcat
Saso Crab-on forks, eggbeaters, Hussfelt bars, selle concord superlite seat, Maxxis Hookworms in 2.5. This bike is a contradiction.
Hipstamatic

e: updated

bought this avanti KISS a while ago, replacing things as I need to.
For example NIPPLES, cos I snapped one, and headset, cos the ball bearing one started getting shitty after I was smashing through rivers and shit. Chris king yo! worth about 33% of what the entire bike is worth.

STOLEN!!! ^

YES to ss mtb!

I just finished rebuilding my average Giant frame into a mad trail ripper last week… Brand new DMR forks, octane crankset, deore/sunringle back wheel etc etc… rode it to uni where it was promptly nicked :frowning: Didn’t even get a chance to get it dirty…

miracle if it turns up… all gone including my precious “One Less 4wd” sticker. haha.

link to my stolen bikes post:
http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/t16393/

not going to be able to wait around long hoping for it to ‘turn up’. mate just finished his SS/MTB and I’m itching to hit the trails with him. Am already scratching around for frame/parts for a new build (any help much appreciated). so much for $avings :frowning:

Anyway… loving the bikes in here. Especially the real bikes! gears and suspension totally unneccesary, hahaha :wink:

this is my 05 Avanti which has had its fair share of riding done in the watagan mountains nsw on the central coast , i haven’t used it in melbourne yet , just need to rebuild the rear wheel and get some new bars and stem and i’ll be set .

^^^ parts list?

funn stem to come :stuck_out_tongue: had a few mishaps the past week so need to sort that out next week :wink:

here’s a list from memory,
•38cm 7005 alloy atomic frame
•weinman rims
•tektro calipers
•shmano alivio group set
•kalin seatpost
•velo/seat
•rock shocks
•mosh bmx peddals
its all origonal as i bought it 6 years ago except pedals

those mosh pedals would be ancient :stuck_out_tongue:
They were on every bmx I had till I got my fit.

haha yeah i took them off my old mongoose 01 expert still have them they dont seem to die got odd screws in them aswell from when the pins fell out :stuck_out_tongue:

my missus bought me this for christmas, we live about 200m from the royal national park, so having alot of fun on it.

2010 norco storm

Pretty much stock so I’m not gonna bother with a parts list etc…

2010 Giant Reign 0

I wanna build an SS hardtail now. Pretty much just need the drive train and a frame.