Royal Flush Alleycat

I just realised I’m watching some random dudes ride to, and around, geelong that day…

heh heh heh, that’s quite the clash alright!

yeah it kinda sucks… oh well!

I fail to see what ‘clash’ there might be with Royal Flush and a road race in Geelong.

Don’t sweat it Mr. Clark!
There will always be more than one thing happening whenever things get planned… People will choose to attend and get involved in what ever makes them happy!
Did i mention the epic warehouse party we have slammed for the finish line/end of ride… WOW!

really?

i knew some fucking muppet would say something like this…

here you go sunshine: this alleycat involves cyclists. that ‘road race in geelong’ involves the best cyclists in the world, competing to be recognized as the best in the world. there’s your clash.

Brendan… is there that many cyclist that would span across both road racing at a world champ level and a locally run alley cat?

do both? no.

be fans of both, and want to participate in both on some level (ie as a spectator / racer / volunteer / marshall / checkpoint)? yes. and it’s both naive and closeminded to think otherwise. go check how many pages the tour de france thread went for if you need confirmation.

woaaahhh… hold up there fella! no need to come back at me like i just stole your first born ;)… Just simply asking a questions of someone with a little more knowledge on the subject than i do… but thanks for clearing that up for me…

like i mentioned about in response to Brenton, there will always be clashes (large or small) and people will always choose what makes them happy! im pretty sure both events can co-exist…

^^ that wasn’t really a dig at you man, not from the way I read it.

for goodness sake, how serious do you want to be? lighten up…
is this fixed.org or iloveroadracing.org…?
yes Brendan I’m being hypothetical.

Brendan… I understand where your coming from… but there is always more than one thing to do in a day… if you want to go out to Geelong… have fun, and take photos for the rest of us @ royal flush!

[QUOTE=JimmyJ;272161]really?

yes. taking into consideration the two races are completely worlds apart in so many ways.

Thanks clark! :]

agreed. and no one is saying you should reschedule or anything. people are just noting the clash. the official responses - from ol’ mate dugong, mostly - have been very reasonable and understanding of this fact.

fair enough.

guess you don’t know a lot of the people who usually ride in alleycats around town.

i for one won’t be able to make it…not because i’ll be in geelong, but because i can’t commit to something and pre-register and stuff, but it sounds like it’ll be fun.

sure there’ll be 52 people who will be able to.

what do i care?
I dont have anything to do with how this is being run.

yes, this is quite evident of this poster.

oh God, please share with us your thoughts on this poster.