So....I've Opened A Bar

I always get popcorn as the immediate aftertaste

cheers for the kind words so far…

as a side note all our imported beer is exactly that - we’ve made sure it’s not locally licensed and brewed stuff…

same tasty beers from Spain and the US set to appear soon as well…

They got fooled by Fosters, we got fooled by Stella, 1-1.

+1 and i cant say iv ever tried a fosters in my 13 years of legal drinking :slight_smile:

all i can say is 90% of your list is larger and 100% of it is macro brewed, no montiths is not a micro brewery and if you called them craft i dare say id have to smack you in the face

other than the beer thing, your place looks awesome and im well keen to come along just tell me you have decent gin

Out of interest, is beer vegan? Or is it like wine- made with eggs and stuff?

Some is, some isn’t.

not eggs hortatio milk powder and fish guts, but yeah some is some isnt

all your big brand stuff is clarified with isinglass (dry fish swim bladders). plenty of smaller companies are vegan.
and if in doubt, get coopers, definitely vegan (although they are massive supporters of the Liberal party :-/ ).

edit: and here’s this handy website for all y’all vegan alco’s : http://www.barnivore.com/

Wines that state that they are unfined should be vegan, this is a slim minority though. Limited mostly to ‘natural wines’. Some good stuff coming out of the Adelaide Hills.

Def keen to check it out, need a new drinking hole, kind of getting tired of going to the Brown Couch all the time

I did not know that. Nothing is perfect i guess.

was just stirring…

…but I guess if you actually wanna win you wont drink beers.

Haha so was I!

I know of some guys who get pretty loose and still do ok. Though basically yes.

Yeah i thought that the beer list was a mainstream, playing it safe kind of one too.
get some local micro and indy brewers on board and expand the beer palate of the punters.

+1!

there are awesome craft brewerys all over australia and NZ, look at some good local stuff of even branch out a state or 2,
i’ll just name a couple of awesome and carlton draft drinker friendly ones

stone and wood, from byron bay, there larger is awesome! and if you get any body who wants CD they will drink this shit by the crap load plus its an all natural un pasteurized larger,
also their pacific ale is my favorite session beer around ATM

and we all kno mountain goat, 6 months ago i wasnt a huge fan but they recently rejiged the recipe in the steam ale and its tasting brilliant, the high tail is proberly the best amber on the australian market ATM too, plus they do some pretty crazy stuff if you look into their ‘rare breed’ selection

murrys from the hunter valley, punch and judy thier a mid strength, and along with Little Creatures ‘rodgers’ they are the best to lights n the market coming out of australia
plus the murrys ‘icon2ipa’ is fucking amazing!!!

feral from the swan valley western australia, ‘hop hog!’ and their wheat shits all over white rabbit’s

hawthorn brewery also do a fucking good pilsner

also cheak out from NZ Emerson’s, their pil’s is killer and its a nice big pint sized bottle

and you need at least one dark on the list so lets go with holgate temptress or the empress when that comes out, for either a chocolate or mocha porter
and for a stout, hrmmmmm… coopers extra gets the job done and is a name every one knows,

now if i wanted to start a bar with all local-ish beers and a not too crazy yet exciting beer list it would be somthing like that, but dont ask me ive only been working in the boutique beer market for around 6 years

if you want to have a beer training and tasting session for all your staff give me a pm and i’ll hook you up with one of australia’s least pretentious(way less than me) and most knowledge beer dudes

now gene, you know i love you, but you won’t get any points for your extensive beer knowledge if you keep spelling LAGER wrong*…

*unless of course you’re so elite there’s a new way of spelling it i’ve not been privy to…

cheers for the feedback on the beers.

in regards to gin, yes we have good gin

besides the usual bombay and tanqueray there is -

tanqueray 10
citadelle reserve
hendricks
olifant
plymouth sloe gin

rolly i drink so much it destroys my spelling capibilitys

nice!,
and i dont mean to sound like a beer snob or a dick, but i just cant help it

thought about making your own beer? it’s not too hard and relatively cheap to do small batches of full mash brews, and you’ll get damn tasty beer. not sure if there are any regulations on this though