Tell Us What You Think About Our New Fixie

i thought it was the noob tips thread!

Post of the thread! YOU WIN!!!

Something like the one on this Norco looks clean.

cheers for the pix justdave! does anyone have any other pics of details they’d want to see on a fixie, that currently aren’t on fixies, or are on fixies, but are waaay to expensive!?

yeah, thats the one I have, sorry, just saw your message now…

S&S Couplers…wow…that might take a while to do cheaply…and I’m not even sure I’d want to ride a bike with cheap couplers…I’d probably stick with the precision, handmade ones from Sands Machining.

The black on black is fresh

are there any other colour combinations you guys would llike to see, that we haven’t done?

This is a common error, it’s not sands, it’s S and S (S&S).

The Ritchey Breakaway is a cheaper option and available to some OEMs.

gunmetal, matte gunmetal, matte olive drab?

An Apple colourway, and a potato colourway. Dowit.

Yeah I wasn’t being S&S specific, but some frame couplings would be cool. I was thinking fixed is a good travel option because not having a back brake makes it even easier without the need for gear or brake cable splitters.

I’d love to see a few Fade Paint jobs.
Front White fade to Sky Blue,
Front Red fade to White,
Orange fade to black/

on another note, as to things i have seen on a bike but dont see on any others, BT have brakes inside the fork legs, so when you run brakes on their TT bikes its basically invisible… so in a perfect world a fork with brakes inside the fork legs and cable routing running inside the steerer… combined with a head stem with hidden brake lever machined into it (saw it in a magazine last month)

and get a sweet deal importing some brand of pedal straps, similar to power grips, or BO gears… couldnt be too hard to source them in asia cheaply?

Raw frame, black everything else, never fails imo.

I like fades too, but imo, they’re very personal. When I used to live in Japan, Bridgestone Anchor used to be able to pretty much make any kind of custom keirin frame colour scheme that you wanted; fades (different kinds), metallics, pin striping, etc. Kinda like waterfords options, but more.

regarding pedal straps…I think HoldFast, BO, FeetBelts, etc have a great thing, and I wouldn’t want to bodge it up by bringing straps that wouldn’t meet our customers standards. Sure we can import some cheap straps, but if they’d hold up, I wouldn’t be able to guarantee. So rather than make dodgey straps, we’ll just let the strap companies do them.

bikes however are a different thing, we can do affordable bikes because our bikes get made in the same factories as other famous brand bikes, but we just don’t have that extra distributor markup. Also we don’t do crazy markups on our bikes. We prefer to do volume, rather than have huge profit margins. This does 2 things, it lets people ride decent bikes for not much money and it lets us employ a lot of aussies to keep everything moving (we do have quite a busy shop).

So who is the lucky bugga riding one of these?
Pics please.

Ritchey Breakaway = hot

Cell bikes should have a go at a $1600 RRP steel frame with rack mount eyelets, carbon/good steel forks, relatively strong wheels, 105 running gear or perhaps SRAM RIVAL with easy clearance for 35mm tyres using a long reach caliper… I don’t know why no one has done it yet. Would be so perfect for the commuter who wants to dabble in a couple of different riding styles without having to buy two bikes.

Think of the 2009 Argon18 Plutonium… but in a steel frame… they sold like hotcakes at $1600 last year and then Argon18 went and fucked everything up for 2010 by making it more ‘road racing orientated’ by losing the rack mounts and tyre clearance… and making it just another alloy road bike.

(still isn’t a bad bike for the $$$ btw)

I’d ride the orange one, but only after I put some Eddy Merckx decals on it…