Tell Us What You Think About Our New Fixie

Hi niceshoes, we’re getting an official sizing chart done up now, that’ll accurately and precisely measure the size differences. Cheers.

Hi Azz, what specifically do you have an issue with. Also, what type, brand, or kind of bikes do you like. What do you currently ride now.

Just when I thought we had a hands down winner for a free Mallet 360, someone else chimes in with interesting feedback! Keep 'em coming guys!

nice shoes FTW i reckon

I guess the orange will be a big hit this time.
I had the Mallet previously and the only thing that bothers me was the weight.
But with this being a trick bike, I guess the integral strength must be assured.
IMO a 17t rear cog should be instead of 16t? Even for the mallet, all of my friends that have tried on, they recommend bigger rear cog. More skid patches, lower gear inches, should help begginers to pick up fixed gear riding easily.
Look wise, no stickers applied is definitely plus point. (I had trouble clearing up stickers residue :/)
The forks looks weird at first (too much impression from other trick forks) but they are ok.
Last point, film a better video might help.

I thought he was accusing me of being prolix actually :wink:

annoucement please … suspense is killing me

love the bike btw =P

this is the winner surely.

^ i’m not sure if that is what most would define as “constructive”… roflcopter no doubt however

Looks good - does the bike ship with the rear brake cable clamps installed? If so have you noticed any scratches or scraps after removing them? Not that it would matter as I’d defiantly be trowing a top tube protector on since I’ve had a few close calls dabbling in tricks on my current bike.

In fact, you should have a top tube protector as an up-sell option or promo. For the sake of family jewels the country over!

TRULY AWESOME

Seeing this bike takes me back to when i bought my very first bike; A 2001 Norco Torrent.
I first fell in love with my bike when i saw its beautiful Orange frame, the colour lunged out at me and i ‘Had to have that bike!’ as I said to my dad as we stared thru the front window of the bike shop.
There is something awesome in that colour combination, perhaps because the only things we similar may be a Hemi Cuda/Mustang/Monaro in a Dukes of Hazzard style black speed stripes down golden orange, or a KTM team rider flying high off a kicker in orange/black jumpsuit with matching bike. But whatever it is this colour combination has timeless race pedigree.

It wouldnt be hard to find anyone to say clip on rear brake brackets are very unattractive and seem to pertain to ‘cheap’ asian imported bikes. Seeing this in the Advertised photographs compared to the Orange and white frames without the clips, they look much more attractive and could always be advertised ‘come with optional rear brake’ which the buyer can fit if they wish. That chrome clip held rear brake looks unattractive and takes away greatly from the look of the bike. Aditionally i find the black front brake preffered compared to a stock silver brake, if someone wished to run a front brake it wouldnt stand out too much and in combination with the black assortment of parts that seem to dissappear and allow the colour of the frame to stand out as a sculptural vision.
The All black is a very stealth ride, appealing to many who want a rugged and ‘got any blacker’ style. Though I imagine if you want to capture a buyer who wants a black bike dont photograph it with brakes, because they are hardcore and probably listen to deathcore or progressive sy-folk accoustic-mashup.
The Black with White is a very clean look that would appeal to Trick Fiends, style foes who work office jobs, young professionals, Fixed riders who have a penchant for Stickering their rides, and Custom Artwork/Pattern painters & my brother.
The Orange Frame Black Components has a very stong visual effect, especially for trick riders as photographically it looks very strong with thick visual lines of the frame which would stand out very well in a trick rider photoshoot. Be it in the day with urban scenery or at night with a flash bulb, this Orange frame will POP and any kids taking ameteur photographs of themselves tricking on this frame will be instantly visually rewarded!
The ‘Black/Red’ coloured combination on the Cell site looks great but cant imagine too many people really getting into the ‘red everything’ on black, its a bit too Gothic Emily Strange I believe. I believe that the design would look much more striking if you had black grips and black seatpost clamp. Though since the wheels dont have a machine edge they look great and with a red hub it looks very neat. definately a visually grabbing wheelset.
The Dissappointment with the machined braking surface offered on most models of the 360 is only skin deep, as a serious trick rider would buy stronger aftermarket wheels such as a a b43 set or chuckers or 48hole Velocity P32 for example. Plus someone doing that would be able to sell the wheels onto somebody else who may love a cheaper lower grade wheelset for their new fixie convert!
Speaking more of the Stock Components, Its great to see some BMX pedals that would be easily modified to have BOgear Straps fitted, or any other type of powergrip / feetbelt / street style foot retention thats available. A pleasure to see compared to cheap plastic cages on stock pedals with nylon straps. I say Thankyou.
The Crankset im not too keen on, Its a bit too bulbous and looks cheap. Though if its 130bcd then it would be easy for riders to get different chainrings, But it would have been amazing to see some very chunky BMX 3 piece cranks with an oldschool bmx chainring; Though once again I can see the serious trick riders going to town on custom upgrades themselves.
The 16t rear cog seems flawed, I ran 38c Tires for a while at 44/18 combo for a while and find for tricks an 18t at least is needed compared to a 16t cog. The 16 may be great for riding around on the streets, but if you are marketing yourself at a more street trick audience at least having a 17 or 18 tooth cog on the rear would ad to their street cred self image.
Great to see a chunky short stem! I am overjoyed! I am certain the cockpit would instill confidence in any fledgeling trick rider.
The Reversed Seat Clamp is sadening, I wouldnt want to buy a bike because of a mistake in manufacture like that, but if I haggled with the shop and got $50 off I would feel compensated. It looks like a mistake you would see on a ‘Industrie Bike’ setup incorrectly in a window display, but this mistake is unfixable, unprofessional and cringeworthy. but I guess thats what you get when you have Impatient Businessmen trying to get a new product in stock to make a buck (i had to be honest) rather than waiting a little longer to get a more perfect product.
All in all I would say its a great product that looks great and will appeal to riders after a affordable bike. The first thing I would do if I got an Orange one would be to install a quick release seat post clamp, usefull for quickly adjusting the height from cruising around to dropping it down for trick riding.
I would put some BO gear Straps and a more confidence inspiring crankset. Add a B43 rear then a Deep V front, Change the seat to something custom as well as the grips and I’d gleefully rip it up in front of a camera. From that sole photoshoot would be some award winning photographs I would assure you!
The bottom right hand corner of the Photograph would read, “Roxby Rush drops his shit on a Cell 360” and the image would be of me bailing off the end of a drop with a very real fear in my eyes and mouth wide open that says “shit”.
i’d give it 5 out of 6 stars. but of course i’d need to ride one :wink:
catcha guys

tl;dr

he gets the prize

looks pretty trick bros

for those not patient enough to scroll through roxby’s opus, here are some of the high points:

“dont photograph it with brakes, because they are hardcore and probably listen to deathcore or progressive sy-folk accoustic-mashup”

“The Reversed Seat Clamp is sadening”

and

“chunky short stem! I am overjoyed!”

sorry Roxby… but do you want to kiss anymore ass for a free bike? this is truly saddening to see what someone will do for free stuff… in that case, what the majority of you are all doing… pretty sad actually!

you don’t like free stuff? i like free stuff.
and i like that bike.
i’d ditch the brakes, get some foot retention (in fact i’d get rid of the plastic pedals altogether), and probably fall over a lot and embarrass myself.
got any geometry specs?

lol thanks electric_tomato; i shoulda hired you as my professional life editor :slight_smile:

i’m leaving.

There’s a free bike? I thought this was the LOLZ thread.

slick… nicely done, really like the colours mate