The Beard Thread aka Ezylee's Facial Hair Thread.

Jams - HMC and I will pay you dress like a wizard and stand on a corner at the last DDCX race yelling “There’s a foul voice on the wind”…

Seriously. Real money.

virtual handshake

is the the rumoured Hallowe’en DDCX? or am i missing something on my CX spectating calendar?

Now that a colleague has gone the whole hog with facial hair in my industry I feel emboldened enough to do it. Stand by for the Anchorman look or in my case, Hinch

this.

IT’S SAARRUUMMNAAANNNN!

I was impressed with it back here, but now it’s an iconic beard

Dirty Deeds Cyclocross: Werewolf Bar Mitzvah

So much good reading since I last loged in here! Pure gold.

So, today I got the nod from the National HR Manager @ (I’m not saying just yet) that we’re setting up a meeting/interview next week with the Engineering Manager for NSW/ACT. Go me. This is most likely happening mid early to mid next week.

So, after taking into consideration all suggestions, the clean shave/trim trim, the wizard (i don’t think that was for me on second thoughts) Ned Kelly regalia etc I’ve decided to go and see the little wog barber up the road (please no one take offense to wog, so much worse shit said round these parts)

As for dress, well, I prefer pants/shirt combo etc. As I’m coming from King Gee land of residential ad commercial carpentry and joinery (where a “good” shirt HAS sleeves), and “hopefully” heading into Project Engineer territory, I will be dressing ^ up a tad.

Thank you all again, and sorry to hijack the thread. Didn’t think it rated for the help section of the forum.

It’s even better now.

I miss seeing him in the CBD.
Has he let you touch it yet?

I thought sun O)) werent touring?

what a thread! how have a missed this? I’m asian. i’m beard envy. BeardyMcBeardbeard’s windswept, Hardwood planks, the fires of hell is quite the specimen.

BOW DOWN.

here are my efforts, 2010 around 3 months growth
2011 around 2 months growth

start of the year 2 months growt
june this year 3 month growth

currently im growing it back again for good so i need to beat the 3 month hurdle…

and i ran this for a week sometime this year

the worst bit about the cancellation is that i was really looking forwarding to wearing my most oversize hood up all night.

beard reminds me of

So, didn’t wear a suit, but wore nice new slacks (do people still use that word?), an equally as nice shirt and boots.

Trimmed the beard with a #3 a couple of days prior to the interview, so it didn’t have that just-cut look.

It all seemed to work in my favour. I’ve got a pretty swell CV for the industry, and we’re now talking $$ and start dates with a potential position opening up for me on Australia’s deepest and longest tunnelling project in Sydney’s Northwest.

This will be f*cking amazing. The duration of the project will see me out of uni (5years +), I’m going to drop back to part time study whilst working.

Time to start growing the beard again…

That is awesome news Ev - Congrats! So next week you should have a full beard again right?

Sweet news Ev. Very sweet.

That’s what she said?

NorthWest Rail Link, so close to home!