The Photography Thread

Nisi filters aren’t cheap.
haven’t gotten it from my other Nisi. Probably heavy handed on the purple slider last night. Sitting at a screen all day then most of Thebes night your eyes play up.

Damn just looked up the price I of lee filters, I thought my Nisi one was expensive at $180. They are crazy expensive!!

There’s no way even the worst of filters has that much cast.

True! As I said above.

Haven’t spent as much time with XT20 as I would have liked so far, but enjoying playing around with the auto-ISO setting which is a new one for me. Ezy - do you make any changes to highlights/shadows/colour etc for your Provia landscapes? I’m going to be hiking in the mountains in a few weeks, and haven’t quite nailed down a preferred jpeg setting for that yet.

Auto ISO is great - I have set up three levels. One for daylight where the limit is quote low (100-200 I think) then a 100-800, then I have one quite high for low light stuff.

I keep all of my highlights, shadows and colour neutral as I will edit a little bit on the phone if needed using VSCO. Or later on with the RAW files (I shoot JPEG and RAW).

Give Velvia a go for landscapes - I found it a little too saturated for my liking though.

Dusted off the trusty S100 for my boys birthday party, an indoor soccer party.

Long story short, direct ball to the camera …bye bye camera.

Booo. Time to scour gumtree?

I have recently picked up an X-T3 to use for more work stuff, all in all - It is a damn nice camera, but I really haven’t spent time setting up my custom settings yet. The dials on top of the camera are nice and all, but I have found that they slow me down a bit when choosing ISO or shutter speed - luckily you can customise a couple of wheels on the front and back of the camera to do this job. There are a couple of other button layouts that has me scratching my head, and when I looked at the new X-T4 it looks like they have fixed at least one of the buttons.

1 Like

This was my first outing with the camera. A very rushed shoot on a worksite - couldn’t set up a tripod, just a run and gun.

2 Likes

Also if you keep scrolling down, all these are my shots

1 Like

Nice!

I have a Canon mirrorless (EOSM) which I rarely use. I should really pick it up and learn how to use it properly. It’s a great size to stash on the bike.

New film in. Happy with a recent camera purchase - the Olympus Trip 35, wasn’t really thinking that the camera would produce the results I got back. Am pleased with what I am seeing and I hope you enjoy them too.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

5 Likes

Yeww - the Trip 35 is awesome. I’m almost through another roll. Here are a few off my first.

1 Like

Did you take the trip on the overnighter you did the other day?

No - i really should have though. I have been carrying it around on the bike so have a few from around town or so - it’ll be interesting to see how they turn out.

I have been getting a few shoots in for clients. A crossfit gym and a local developer needed some shots for their sites. A few images from the photoshoots:

2 Likes

thread dig !

Will be travelling to Japan with the fam later this year and id like to take pics with something more than our mobiles ( as good as mobiles are these days).

Anyhoo, the old 40D is probably getting a little long in the tooth and a tad bulky for this purpose, my S100 had died a while back so want to replace with another point and shoot.

At the moment my want list consists of
Sony RX100 vii - exxy, but i think this will suit my needs best
Fuji X100V - even more exxy (cos of hype and stock) but another good option
Ricoh GRiii - lower spec of the above 2, although not much lower in price

anyone have any alternative recommendations? or confirmation i should indeed fork out the cash for the above? or even better, have one they want to sell me??!

cheeeers

I highly recommend the X100V – amazing travel camera with a lot of features that lends itself to traveling. If you like the fujifilm colours, try the X-E4 with either a 35 / 2.0 or a 27 / 2.8. Or the 18-55 kit lens which is an amazing lens for the money. Some of my best shots have been on the 18-55. Look on the second hand market for the X-E4 or even the X-E3 which is still a great camera… even the X100F is still great!

I haven’t had experience with the Sony or Ricoh, however I’d go the ricoh over the sony purely based on friends experience with it and the results and feedback I get from them.

Bit of an update for me in the photography world – I am still out there taking photos of different projects for Swell as well as myself and other little clients. The best project last year came about staying in a cabin in the snowy mountains and capturing the feel of the place. The images were recently published in Green Magazine. Pity they spelt my name incorrectly in the photography credits. Oh well.

5 Likes

how hard is it to spell Adam Liamaitys anyway?

2 Likes