The Photography Thread

I recently had a similar dilemma Jase. Just got back from hiking in Nepal and didn’t want to take the old 40D like I did last time. Made the switch from Canon to Fuji and got an X-T20. Just used the 18-55 kit lens, shot JPEGS rather than RAW. I’ve got no idea where the X100V sits relative to the X-T series, but I’m really happy with the Fuji. Here’s a couple of shots straight out of the camera with zero post-processing (just a polarising filter, and shot using the Classic Chrome film simulation).

3 Likes

Yup, another great option for the Fujifilm system… detailed vs here:

Good buying here, however not really the same size as the RX100 and GR cameras

@EzyLee @beaker thanks for chiming in guys.

ill be keeping my eyes peeled for both, got some time yet to see if i can get my hands on one to handle first before pulling the trigger. The more i think about it, a compact point and shoot is probably more where im leaning towards for my purposes (and skill level!)

With the prices of the RX and stock availability of the X100V, looking at previous gen models may also be an option.

lets see what gumtree/FB has got for me.

cheers guys.

Wow…market for X100/s/t/f/v is crazy!

X100 going for 900-1000
X100T/F going for 2k

Brand new X100V is 2k…just no stock.

Along with the Ricoh GRiii, im also looking at the Canon GX7 ii

I would look for the T, F or V. The X100 and S would be far too slow for a modern camera.

Another to throw in the mix. I haven’t had experience with this particular camera, however I have owned a few lumix cameras in the past and still do now (GF-1 and DMC-LX3).

Cheers ezy, i was thinking along the same line, ie T or F. Also keeping an eye out for the x-E4.

still want to get my hands on one before committing, but finding one in store is tad difficult. Even just to handle.

Does anyone in Melb know of a photography course that would be suitable for a 13-year-old?

Kid 2 is showing a bit of an interest

Ted’s Cameras do a ‘basics’ course: Camera Basics | Melbourne | Beginner | Ted's Cameras

It’s free, so lower your expectations. Sounds like it’s a bit more equipment focused…see what I did there?