The Sleater-Kinney Appreciation Thread

Ahotbo.

Agreed.

Listened to The Woods today. Some crackers on there. But AHOTBO is the right one to kick off with.

I’ll come round and give you a crash course, Pete.

+1

slight digression - melbourne musician laura macfarlane played drums on the sleater-kinney self titled. her band ninetynine is responsible for one of my favourite australian releases:

*once you delete the songs that the drummer sings.

also, they’ve started playing occasional shows again. don’t know what they’d be like these days, but they were always fun to see in the mid 2000s.

Dig me out followed by ahotbo.

Sleater-Kinney 2.0: The Band Talks About Its First Album In 10 Years : All Songs Considered : NPR

38 min interview on all songs considered.

You ever get into the (Australian) Vivian Girls? They’re one full length and split with ninetynine are pretty damn good.

mate… i was mates with those guys. even toured to adelaide with them one time.

ps. sleater kinney are touring

Sleater-Kinney confirm 2015 Australian tour

This is excellent news.

You could do worse than this: Sleater Kinney Start Together 1994 2006 Rare Promo CD 15 Songs | eBay

group buy?

Ah, awesome. Never saw them, but played a few shows with Flesh vs Venom. Good band.

New song: Stream Surface Envy by Sleater-Kinney | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Album is out (US), Friday here.

But it’s all on youtube:

//youtu.be/TWc6knXULsw

Edit: playlist embed didn’t work, click this:

Wow angry! I like that. Had to put on Dig me out to celebrate.

Torn between listening online or waiting for hard copy…

I say wait.

^ Got that turntable working yet?

Yeah it’s working, but one of the outputs is a bit dicky. Will pull it apart when I get time. The stereo itself though, is rad.

^ What did you think of All Hands…

One side of it sounded good (the left, depending on which cable was plugged in). Didn’t really do it justice, so it’s waiting again until I fix the outputs. Sounded promising though.