The Sleater-Kinney Appreciation Thread

Happy friday!

//youtu.be/7Lepy_rq4T8

Welp, I’m probably gonna listen to SK all day. Putting me in a really good mood for this long weekend.

Was pretty stoked to see a reference to Heavens to Betsy in the latest Halt and Catch Fire episode.

Also, the s-k& Fred Armisen cover of rock lobster is great.

yeah, just watched that rock lobster. pretty good.

Also, a song on their latest album essentially borrows the piano riff from Grandaddy’s Summer Here Kids. Can’t remember which SK song it is now tho… Did a quick google search at the time and couldn’t find anyone mentioning it. Weird.

Guess thats a TC but I never heard about these guys. Just checked out one of their earlier albums and am digging it. What would you guys say is their best work?

^ Dig Me Out closely followed by All Hands On The Bad One, but it’s all good.

What pinzo said. All hands on the bad one is probably my fave.

I think One Beat is my favourite, probably because that’s where I came in.

Yeah, ahotbo for me…

New stuff in 2019.

Just catching up on some more live stuff:

//youtu.be/6r1-HTiwGiY

^ Did enjoy. Would watch again.

I think the narrator was the real star of the show though.

New S-K track: Sleater-Kinney - "Hurry On Home"

Don’t mind it. Bit of an electro pop influence?

cracker

20 characters

Janet Weiss used to play drums with The Jicks. Why did I only just now find that out, after listening to them for forever?

^ Smashing Pumpkins: Siamese Dream or earlier.

Also, what’s TikTok?

Live at the Wireless on Double J tonight.

2 Likes

New album

Sans Janet. Lost interest.