The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

you’re just jealous

Yes. Fuck that thing is a giant monster

SNAP

and i don’t need xray, CT or MRI after a head clash on saturday.

Maxi velo

Would ride.

Got my bro’s craptacular (but almost un ridden)malvern star MTB with shagged front sus at the parents place, thinking it’s parts will go nicely on the shogun trail breaker frame i found on the footpath. 2 frankenMTB’s might be a bit much though so some lucky (insert worthy recipient of bike related charity here) might end up with it

there was one of them at commuter on friday (with a rohloff no less), we came to the conclusion that the space frame was designed for the purpose of portaging packets of chips and goon bags

How good is Dio.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Rainbow lately. Very underrated singer.

I’m glad I got to see him play live.

\m/

Bought a new rain jacket yesterday and can probably wear it all week. #dry

Well played. +1.

When your boss calls you by his sons name.

#daddyissues

Last night - first bit of proper sweat-inducing exercise in almost a month thanks to the broken hand - 45mins on the rollers. Feltboringman.jpg

Talking to the tax office and being told that your current outstanding HECS debt is zero dollars!

Debt free. Feels good.

^ Yeah, same! Surprised how much extra is in the pocket, too.

Aww fuck that must be a good feeling.
Last week I spent about 6 hours in Excel figuring out whether it was better to

1. Pay off HECS as normal (PAYG)
  2. Dump savings account into HECS debt each year before the index date, or
  3. Dump savings account into HECS debt once savings > HECS (minus 5% discount).
    Turns out PAYG wins*
    *Caveat: Depends on income, HECS debt, current savings, your rate of saving and timeframe.

HECS, paid that shit off in a lump sum early 2007ish feels smug/old

Damn, don’t even talk to me about HECS (lucky i’m still in the previous degree structure thought!)

just listened to an entire virgin credit card spiel from a lady, put her on hold for 5 minutes to talk about the offer with my sister, went back to the enthusiastic lady to proceed with her 5 questions, only to fail the “do you have a job?” question.

she was devo.

lolz.

^ Forum manager.

yeah…

doesn’t quite meet the $35k+ she was after.