The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

Yeah man I was in the hurt locker big time. Pretty much from the top of fairlight rd to home I was so out of it. Had to stop a few times and rest…the three sisters was not pretty.

I came here to post almost exactly the same thing.

Decided riding 100k’s on the track bike would be good even though I’ve only done 150kms in the last 4 weeks. Had a great time till the 60km mark averaging just over 30km/hr. Slowed a bit from there then hit 70km hard with a double quad cramp. Rested for 2 mins then had 2 more double cramps within the last 10ks back (walked the last 2 inclines). The SJ is that I dug deeper than ever before to make it back then had beer and onion rings at Tippler’s tap with Em and a friend.

Big SJ: I’ve had on and off back pain issues which turned to constant pain. Seems to have cleared by paying attention to good posture at all times and sleeping on my back, will go to a physio to get advice and exercises to help prevent further issues.

Pillow under the knees while lying on your back?

It’s weird how bonking can be a SJ sometimes. My biggest bonk was on the CMWC 2013 group ride. I think it was near the end of a 180km day where I had eaten very little, and most of that was cheese. Coming along this loooong flaaaat road with a headwind and having the world spin around you is very very disconcerting. Some other guys came past and asked if I was okay (I assume I did not look great) and gave me a banana.

That banana saved my life…

I had to rest half way up Mountain Creek Rd and at the last climb up Urriara. Mountain Creek Road sucks all the balls.
I was feeling light headed and knew I would only get worse if I didn’t rest.

SJ: Remembering I had two muesli bars and a gel hidden away under my camera case. They got me home.

Surely we need a ‘worst bonk’ thread.

Ahh, topics with two meanings…

TC: Lauren still freaks out when I talk about bonking after I’ve been out riding.

I was all over the place riding home. I stopped at one point trying to work out how much further I had to go, despite knowing full well that i started my return trip just shy of 60k and my garmin said 110k. I was next to a building I ride past every day to work and still took me ages to work it out. Got on the bike path, rolled in the door and talked gibberish to my gf for about 10 minutes.

She went to the IGA, bought back a fresh loaf of sourdough, hot salami and some emmental cheese. Fewer time have I been happy I put a ring on that!

Better than talking about riding while you’re…oh, never mind

Voila!

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=35701&p=619583#post619583

SJ: Planning the scenic route home. 5 Bridges in 1 hour!

Related to “What would you want to do” thread, I had a shithouse morning working on writing up a report for a few executives to present to other executives on a steering committee. Pretty far away from on-the-floor nursing eh with no immediate tangible satisfaction in sight.

S.J. – One of the execs I wrote up for, who is incredibly attractive, made a point of thanking me for my work at the end of the meeting.

Almost makes the job bearable, hey.

SJ: given a free tub of Ben&Jerrys ice cream, choc fudge brownie from work.

west toast pete & lauren came into work tonight.

no goose though soooooooooooo…

Not to nit pick or anything here, but to bring us all in line - why does it matter if she/he was attractive? This story is the exact same same-joy without visually and aesthetically grading them. Seems superfluous.

Attractive people are nicer, proven fact

You’re right, the joy would be pretty much the same either way, and I nearly left it out, but I have this little professional, respectful crush on this particular executive, and I think it added to the story. It did for me anyway.

Also, I didn’t do this. That snot what I meant by attractive.

Actual SJ: Lemon chewy
NSJ: Ear infections