The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

Talking to the tax office and being told that your current outstanding HECS debt is zero dollars!

Debt free. Feels good.

^ Yeah, same! Surprised how much extra is in the pocket, too.

Aww fuck that must be a good feeling.
Last week I spent about 6 hours in Excel figuring out whether it was better to

1. Pay off HECS as normal (PAYG)
  2. Dump savings account into HECS debt each year before the index date, or
  3. Dump savings account into HECS debt once savings > HECS (minus 5% discount).
    Turns out PAYG wins*
    *Caveat: Depends on income, HECS debt, current savings, your rate of saving and timeframe.

HECS, paid that shit off in a lump sum early 2007ish feels smug/old

Damn, don’t even talk to me about HECS (lucky i’m still in the previous degree structure thought!)

just listened to an entire virgin credit card spiel from a lady, put her on hold for 5 minutes to talk about the offer with my sister, went back to the enthusiastic lady to proceed with her 5 questions, only to fail the “do you have a job?” question.

she was devo.

lolz.

^ Forum manager.

yeah…

doesn’t quite meet the $35k+ she was after.

Paid mine as i went. Working full time with full time uni didn’t have THAT much of an effect on my grades lol.

Doesn’t even matter now, i’d never work in Industrial Design again!

Skid comp on the way to work, and bumping into Fobbler

today feels like spring.

Yes!

Smelling blossoms at 5:30 on Tuesday morning was certainly a highlight.

You know what they say about the level of conversation when you start talking about the weather…

but yeah it’s pretty nice! :slight_smile:

Haven’t been at work since Wednesday. My wife and I took some annual leave and planned to stay at my parents house near the beach for a few days, but that didn’t go as plan, so we’re just at home. Managed to have blue skies, have been riding everyday and even got my wife to ride up Norton Summit today. We don’t have to go back to work til Tuesday. So good.

I got swooped this morning… Which means warm weather is around the corner.

if tracking details are correct, i should be starting a new build tonight…yay!

Get ya cable ties out

Big Joy.

New mates, found here, coming around and helping me shift a big heavy chunk of steel in the morning just cos I asked them and they’re rad. Thanks heaps eh guys! Pics to come…

Oh, and going for a ride on the Look with MikeD yesterday was also rad. Needs lower gears but (easier than tougher legs/lungs).

Never took them off.

sun on the face, a gentle breeze.