The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

I saw James and cuddled big floofs and met the youngest Kent and fondled French crabon too! I missed Jono though which would’ve been great.

Angry visited a couple of days ago which was a massive joy too

3 Likes

love Angry

NSJ: people selling something to someone else even though you committed to picking it up the next day.

NSJ: think i need glasses.

Glasses aren’t so bad. And just think how fortunate you are to make it to such an advanced age without needing them: I’ve had mine since my late teens.

I succumbed two years ago.

Turns out after you hit 40yr old or so things change in your eyes and glasses become a thing.

1 Like

As above. That said, I’ve had mine for some years and only need them for close-up stuff. Protip: get a cheap pair online with your prescription, for the shed. Way less scary if you drop them. My exxy ones live at work to prevent me doing just that.

I’ve got a pair of 1.0’s for the shed, picked off the carousel thingy at the chemist. They were my first specs when things started going south but we were in COVID lockdown so I couldn’t get a session at the optometrist.

I’m only at 0.75 for my normal prescription, but it’s due a renew.

That’s rubbish I can ser jist fime.

3 Likes

glasses are good, nothing more cringe than perfect eyesight.

SJ:

1 Like

Bought some paint to touch up a few scratches on my red bike and the colour was perfect right out of the tin.

4 Likes

Just hook this shit into my veins. Safa Brian chasing Tom Pidcock down a descent…

2 Likes

He’s got a ‘short’ titled Fasten Your Seatbelts on the same descent (I think) and the dude gets over 90km/h.

My wheels would fall apart if I got anywhere near those speeds.

Have been watching Safa consistently for a few years, there’s some fantastic stuff on his channel. Highly recommend his “Training Rides” which are almost like a slow tv thing - found out recently the young lad loves them. he watches them in his bouncer and spins his little legs haha.

1 Like

Does anyone else remember when he was a fast but derelict messenger down here (especially when paired up with Lane)?

Older heads may even remember his time in Sydney on the streets.

He was always quick, but mexico (and proper training) transferred that tram dodging madness into climbing and hill bombing.

1 Like

i do, but never really knew him, just that him & lane were kinda into doing crazy shit in alleycats etc.

I was wondering if it was the same person. I remember him taking part in the 2010 skid comp - his first effort went out of the park (literally, it was held at Carlton Gardens) but he crashed out in the finals giving @alex4point0 the win.

When ianhumanxXx and i organised a team alleycat which I think he and lane might have won or placed in, one of them was riding brakeless with one arm in a sling… :exploding_head:

2 Likes

SJ: scrounged a little late last year and got some good tix for my daughters to Harry Styles. They absolutely lost their minds when they finally went end of last week. Actually, it’s a pretty large joy.
NSJ: They decided to go with their mum, so I didn’t get to go to Harry Styles.

2 Likes