The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

bike was my cheapo commuter, rear wheel is pretty mangled but everything else is ok. Cracked helmet and scuffed sunnies so will get those replace by her insurance. Bike ill need to get checked out by their approved repairer which ive actually been to as theyve worked on the very same bike.

SJ1: insurance approved payout for lid and sunnies, still need to get bike assessed.
SJ2: shoulder progressing nicely i think, mobility and strength slowly coming back
NJS: still not riding yet

3 Likes

SJ: all the doors and gates at our house all close properly at the same time, for the first time

5 Likes

how does that work? you get someone at every door/gate and yell out “CLOSE” really loud?

2 Likes

SJ: first time back on the bike, commuted in. No dramas with the collar
NSJ: everything else a tad sore.

1 Like

NSJ: Puncture on the way to work
SJ: Dude in an apartment opposite leant me his floor pump.

5 Likes

SJ: How good is it when you find a really really great LBS? International Cycles (ADL) is awesome. Proper good mechanic. Doesnt just scoff and suggest you drop $6k on a new bike instead of the dumb retrofitting hack plan you’re trying to do. Also features as good a retro collection as you’ll find in any Aus lbs.

2 Likes

SJ: saved $6 on a pair of socks because the guy entered the item incorrectly. Winning.

SJ: got another locker closer to the actual EOT facility shower, so no longer in the middle of the bloody car park.

NSJ: got covid, hit hard on Thursday.
Kinda-SJ: World Cup is on so haven’t been bored at home.

SJ1: first ride in 5 week because of a bone chip in my knee, felt ok but still hit and miss.
SJ2: sons birthday today, Christmas tomorrow!

1 Like

SJ1: gumtree bargain
SJ2: seller didnt up the price even though he had plenty of counter offers from other people (i was first inline)

SJ: Trams, the real Melbourne ones not our pretend Sydney ones.

1 Like

SJ: Lebanese food in sydney
NSJ: Lebanese food in perth

1 Like

Raft of SJs: introducing my two teenage girls to Melbourne city, making moodiness disappear by taking them to spend money on the Brunswick main drag, having a beer with Pinz, trams, good Thai food.

2 Likes

FoA AGM

2 Likes

SJ had a coffee with @HeavyMetalCyclist last week. Was good times. FoA AGM mk2.

2 Likes

was it from the Franken-Gaggia?

2 Likes

It was. I think. Also met the youngest Kent, cuddled a big floof, and fondled French crabon.

2 Likes

really massive joy to see Jono.

2 Likes