The Tour thread

Dunno. Haven’t looked at it either. Presumably it wouldn’t be anywhere near as good as the commentary we get here.

A mate of mine moved to berlin recently and was lamenting the lack of Paul and Phil. Anyone got any ideas for sending a voice feed over the net? I was thinking of hooking the amp into my laptop and using skype but i don’t think there’s anyway he could reconnect without my intervention as i tend to go to bed and watch the end in the morning

Frank Schleck’s crash in the Tour de Suisse

Live speed, altitude and heart rate information for half a dozen riders
http://livedata.polar.fi/letour/offline.php?lang=en

They recapped the whole Tour de Suisse on sunday morning. Schlecks crash…ummm bad, its a good thing there was a tree there to catch him.

What a bunch of nuftys, they’ll get two moto’s where the fallen bike is, they’ll get a guy on a moto to slow the peleton down, but they won’t move the bike off the road. :?

Anyway…So Cadel crashed last night yeah? What happened, I didn’t see it…

They didn’t get Cadel’s crash on film… at least that’s what they said.
But what about the bedside manner of the race doctor. He was digging into Cadel’s wounds as if he enjoyed it…
Perhaps they should bring that in for next years Melbourn Roobaix

a bag found it’s way into his front wheel and down he went.

A bag? Like from one of the competitors coaches standing on the side of the road?

or like this bag?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvYcZvqPUJU

the snob’s in fine form

Actually, this was my original intention–to camp out on my sofa like a Basqueman beside a Pyreneean road and do nothing but watch the Tour. Excited, I donned my Tour-watching smock, took the phone off the hook, and fired up the TV. To make it more interesting, I also bought a bottle of tequila, a bottle of whiskey, and a bottle of vodka. Each time Phil or Paul gratuitously mentioned Lance Armstrong, I took a shot of tequila. Each time Paul said the phrase “front end of the main field,” I took a belt of whiskey. And each time Phil or Paul said the phrase, “sorry for the little bit of picture break-up,” I hit the vodka. (I also died a little bit inside each time that anti-bike Autozone commercial ran, but that wasn’t part of the game.) Unfortunately I passed out and nearly choked to death on my own vomit before the end of Stage 1. Lesson learned.

In his heyday Brochard sported perhaps the most inspiring hair in professional sports, if only because his coif was in fact a poignant metaphor for the peloton itself–for as any racer can tell you, it’s all “business in the front, party in the back” when it comes to riding in the bunch.

Nice work by Oscar changing shoes on the fly.

I think I’d bin it before I even got a shoe off.

1 Second!?

:-o

i can’t see him keeping the yellow for long though.

About 11 days?

Look for me running next to Cadel on Alpe de Huez.

It´s a tough life riding through Europe in the sunshine.

fuck the Tour, did you see the Miss Universe swimsuit section on 7 (about 11:15pm)? Fuck yeah, ‘boner-ramma’. Or were you weirdo’s busy watching boys in lycra, SHAME on you all…

there’s nothing weird about checking out the man-thighs of 180 toned guys in skin-tight shorts.
actually now that i come to think about it…

You fuckin heathen, how can you even think those things?

The reason I think those things is because none of you fixie fags mentioned the plastic fantastics in bikini’s. You especially (since being married) are obligated to watch Miss Universe. :wink:

Whilst you may be correct on both points, I must point out that Cadel (albeit not the prettiest rider this year) made a concerted effort to create said bikini yesterday by the look of the pics in the Herald Sun. Does that count for anything? :sunglasses:

I surfed across to that when they were riding the flat sections. Was better than the vampire movie the night before.

what was this about?