The 'what you've done to your bike today' thread

and have you got your emergency contacts up to date for any ounce influenced freak outs?

1 Like

hope you smoking a fair bit to overcome the ravages of this weather, RIP.

2 Likes

Zip ties. Held up surprisingly well, even sent it a couple of times yeeeeew

So fucking wet yesterday. Absolutely demoralisingly wet. Nearly called it. But decided to press on. Perfect weather today. Amazing riding.

3 Likes

you love to see it!

Scored a set of TRP Hylex hydro levers off FB and proceeded to chuck em on the commuter.

Much happy.

3 Likes

Finally found the time to replace the very old chain on my old carbon roadie. Had been riding my track-delivery bike or Bianchi Mini-Velo in the interim. Want to get rid of the Bianchi. Its far too small for me.

I have a pipe dream of buying a mini velo in Japan and going bike touring on it… Maybe with a folding Bob trailer then bringing it all back to Aus

1 Like

I think if you got every bike ever made and put them in a blender, you’d end up with this.

not sure if compliment :thinking: but i concede its def function>form for this build.

Highest of praise, I just want to ride it!

1 Like

How do you find shocks with drops? My mate built up a fully rigid SS MTB with drop bars and TRP Hylex brakes/levers and it was baller. Then he swapped the rigid fork for a 100mm shock and it turned into a turd – something about cornering with drops and suspension threw the handling out awfully.

Forks are rigid!

A set of nukeproof carbon jobbies, can confirm its fun to ride! Albeit its mainly my commuting rig.

Long overdue bar tape replacement. Previous stuff had lost adhesive, so it was never actually wrapped effectively. It started shifting around halfway up Berowra this morning so my hand(s) were forced.

3 Likes

Dealt with what has to be the worst brake ever invented. What an infuriating POS
French bike tech :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

“racer”

Picked this up for my North qld bike. I have none up here currently. This is as it was when I got it. It needed some tlc as it had been sitting outside for years.
2000ish Avanti 26er Ventura Comp?

I’m just waiting on some parts, I’ll post a parts list and photo of it complete once it’s back together :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Slow to catch up, but this is a great mod!

Did a full drivetrain revamp on the Primate: rings, BB, chain, cassette, pulley wheels. Makes for a nice-riding bike, that’s for sure.
Oh, and for the last thousand or so kms I’ve been running Chorus 11 shifters with my Ultegra 6700, thanks to Blakey. Recommended.

7 Likes

this is raz af.