The 'what you've done to your bike today' thread

I thought I could until the other day when I was violently attacked by three at once. Confused birds are confused… and angry it seems.

Stay away from Warragamba Ave in Weston Creek. There’s a violent one that swoops really late in the season. Steve and I both got done by it.
Also, I got swooped last week by a magpie starling (I think that’s what they’re called. The have similar colours to magpies, just smaller and usually friendlier). Very weird and confusing.

Back on topic, I’ve been getting annoyed at my shitty mtb so I decided to do bit of a strip and clean. The rear hub in particular sounds like a cement mixer. Here’s why:

And that’s why you don’t go with cup and cone hubs for mtb.
I am now officially keeping an eye for a replacement wheelset. 29er, sealed bearing, tubeless.

yeh, running 2013 RED, and have washers. The issue was the spindle to the pedal body was a tad loose. I just tightened it up a tad, bit of grease etc

First commute of 2014 on it this morning and its all good.

The cx/commuter got a new chain and the Aksiums off my roadie.

Yup - got this one on the complete centenary trail. The 3 magpies were at the start of the Kambah Pool road section of the centenary trail. 3 at once - from front on as well.

In a fine display of sweaty fingered gumbyism while trying to undo a presta valve I managed to drop the extender into the rim cavity. I had a quick dig around but no joy in trying to line up the extender with the valve hole. The racket that this makes is going to drive me mental on the way home tonight.

#almostpro

Hung some parts on a frame that was gathering dust in road format at Snail’s house.

(Yes, all the angles are all over the place, Snail will adjust as he starts using it.)

#doatownie

So rad Blakey!

So good.

dream frame for me.

#eddyrack

Finally got around to putting new bartape on my CX.

Zipp service course CX tape, very nice.

A bit stickier than I like to put on but they provide plenty of length, no scrimping necessary.

Got the frame back from Joe Cosgrove then built it.

Full photo set coming tomorrow night

I don’t know why, but I can’t unsee it.

Pee oh ahh en

Well fuck me gently with a chainsaw that’s nice.

more car than bike… but I got some genuine roof racks / thule bike carriers for a steal on ebay the other day, so fitted em up.

Will need to file the quick release locks to fit the 8mm drop outs on the Bridgestone… kinda forgot about that, so will probably flick these carriers for the wheel-on ones.

Swapped stupid flat bar for drops on the fixie yesterday. Fits SOOO much better now; I’m not all cramped up

nekminit

but seriously, maybe put a warning on your garage door to remind yourself, unless its a manual door of course.

Got a pleasant surprise when I pulled the bottom bracket out for service and it’s a sugino njs brah! Poppe crankset chain and wheels off my gefsco on to go for a spin tonight whoop whoooop!!