The 'what you've done to your bike today' thread

Fkn lol

Rad to the power of sic x2 x10

show us it with your real saddle height

dropped it 5 or 6mm from this after cruising into west end

Manual door Jase!

Plus the roof is so damn low, I can’t open the tailgate in the garage anyway -_- so am used to loading outside.

Stuck two together… adventure time.

Fuck yeh Loki! My boy gets his balance bike for his bday in may, can’t wait to load up the bakfiets and go adventuring. #dadlyf

for a second there i thought i saw bars on the front of your cargo bike where your boy can stand and hold on to pretending to steer, that wouldve been epic.

So, in trying to solve a clicking noise coming from my old roadie I got the BB shell chased and faced and installed a new SKF BB. To much disappointment, that didn’t solve it.
I have switched pedals, greased QR skewers, cleaned and greased seatpost and tightened bolts, and removed, cleaned and regreased chainring bolts.

Is there anything else I can check? The clicking only happens when I’m pedalling lightly and is regular ie. at the top of the driveside crank rotation.

hearing test? keys on belt loop? bag flap?

serious answer: FD cable end hitting crank?

shoe laces, front derailleur cable, cleats (try pedaling unclipped), seat (including the shell its self, the rails mounting to the shell and to the post)

There’s plenty of clearance between them. It’s not the RD cable on the frame either.

No laces, tried both speedplay and eggbeater pedals/cleats.
Will try a different saddle this afternoon.

Check that your front derailleur cable (where it exits the mech) isn’t touching your crank on each rotation. Long shot, but worth looking at.

edit: hadn’t seen blakey’s reply. damn.

not going to let you forget it either.

Took yesterday morning to sort a work mate out with some additional parts and wrenching to get him riding a 75% complete ebay buy. Swapped the AC yellow Keo2’s he didn’t want for the parts I put on, all happy.

It will 99% certain be either your valve stems ratlling on your rim, or your chainring bolts need regreasing/locktighting.

Can’t be the wheels because it’s always at the same point in the pedal stroke, and I already cleaned, regreased and tightened the chainring bolts. They’re on proper tight.

did you rotate the chainring as well?

Reckon saddle related. Pedalling lightly more likely to be bouncing slightly in seat.