The 'what you've done to your bike today' thread

nah, this one popped up locally. I actually saw it pop up earlier this year but missed out. Then when i saw it pop up again over the weekend i nabbed it.

came with some interesting parts…but thats another story :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Have got the $0 pub bike rolling. Still havent nailed the magic ratio, need to take apart a few more cassettes and put a less dodgy chain on.

But… FUN

Also yes the front v brake is the correct way around (segmented crown polo fork that was free. Sadly only clears 2" tyres)

3 Likes

Built me another dadbike to roll withe the fam.

Ragley Bluepig MK1 / Surly Ogre forks / 26x2.5 michelins / magic gear 38:16

5 Likes

Put some new 28mm corsa graphene 2.0 on the Cayo along with a new KMC SL gold chain. Ready for some summer km’s :slight_smile:
Imgur

3 Likes

Looking real nice Cam.

1 Like

agreed! highly endorsed.

1 Like

Triple to double:

2 Likes

I love these kinds of builds. So clean looking!

Put the WTB’s on the mares and skingrowsback handlebar bag. Also still rocking the bogear rear saddle roll!!

Ready for some commuting and gravel duties.

Imgur

Imgur

2 Likes

Few little upgrades for the Cayo

(Marginal Gains)

Took a few pics last weekend.

Sony A7ii/ FE 1.8/85

• Extralite streeters skewers
  • Carbon Ti seatpost clamp
  • Carbon Ti expander plug for steerer
  • Absolute Black integrated top cap
  • Skingrowsback X Ccache saddle bag
  • Fizik 2mm bartape
  • New corsa graphene 2.0

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

5 Likes

Started the rebuild with the silver Rival groupset off a donor. Anyone need a 53x53 full carbon Genius Diablo Team frameset?

More or less finished it:

Trim brake cables tonight and ride it to work tomorrow. Needs a silver seat post, might strip this one back.

1 Like

Have only recently realised how easy it is to strip anodising with oven cleaner. Silver parts are now so easy to find!

1 Like

Alright, managed to ‘finish’ my Kypo today. Rides beautifully straight out of the box**:

Pedals are placeholders until I can be bothered ordering some clipless jobbies. Having said that, it’s nice to be able to go for a spin without changing shoes.

While I’m not a big fan of those wheels aesthetically, and they are actually different rims, they ride fine and will certainly do the job until I decide what I want as a permanent fixture.

Had to put a Shimano FD on after I buggered my Campy one (gasp shock) There’s two Campy FD’s on their way through the postal system somewhere.

I should also mention this frame was once owned by our old friend Dfunkt.

** There was no box.

3 Likes

I tried to switch my fixie back to track mode the other day so I could do some iso-roller sessions. Couldn’t get the fkn cog off. Spent an hour with the chain whip fighting the bastard, but it wouldn’t budge.

Forgot how much of a PITA they can be when you’ve not changed em in ages. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Did you rotafix it?

Do the first bit?

oh yeah, might give that a burl.

thx guys.

ps - whilst a handy how-to, that video was awful. haha

You need to take the lockring off first, Rolls :upside_down_face:

You can also clamp the cog in a vice and turn the wheel - just remember to turn it the right way.

Can we all take a moment to show our appreciation for the first fixie related post since 2012.

3 Likes

the fuck’s a lockring?!

got no vice! apart from, y’know, coffee, booze, and blow etc. coz i’m a crazy party guy as you all know.

1 Like