vegan for a week

i also have a couple of copies of “meet your meat”. you can have one if you want.

There seems to be a lot of highly processed foods mentioned above. Being ‘Vegan’ does not make you healthy by default. It is sad, but vegan is more a marketing gimmick these days.

If you really want ‘feel healthy’. Just cut the processed crap out. If you still feel the need to ‘label’ yourself, look up ‘Paleolithic’. Raw, Drop Food Only, Paleolithic Vegan if you want.

“Hungry Jacks Vege burgers” are an oxymoron.

I am not vego/vegan, but if you want to sway anyone in that direction get them to watch this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6361872964130308142&hl=en#.

Is this another self righteous vegan propaganda book about electrocuting pigs and caged chickens? :roll:

no.

it’s a movie.

Fixed.

Vegan beers off the top of my head…

Tecate
Coopers Pale (thought the sparkling was as well…)
Boags
Pure Blonde
Heineken
Carlsberg
Corona

The list goes on, I only really need to know the first 3 though…

Mock roo: It’s formation involved a three stage process utilising wheat gluten - boiling, baking and bbqing. The three b’s of delicious.

Then they go an wrap it up in highly processed white fluff… bread. :roll:

Fuck Vegan, go Paleo

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/fashion/10caveman.html?pagewanted=all

PALEO FOR LIFE

97% Fat free Mayonnaise is generally 100% Mayonnaise free

hey, that’s my friend’s blog! i was at that barbecue! that mock roo was delicious!

most people (including myself regularly) could do with just focusing on eating their 5 serves of fresh vegetables and 3 serves of fruit a day instead of worrying about labels and trying to be something they can’t sustain (from a health perspective). seriously try it, its way harder than it sounds to do day in day out.

I know that up until '99 at least Carlton/Lion Nathan were still using it for filtration. That was courtesy of some friends that did industrial experience there.

I’d be curious to know if it has changed as its not as effective as many other more modern filtration/sepearation techniques (nor is it as necessary when the beer has been pasteurized).

update: sometimes things dont get checked and legend lives on:
Tooheys
Coopers
however CUB/Fosters use beef extract instead
from this excellent resource

+1.

I think I eat reasonably healthy with lots of vegetable (and some fruit), but I’m pretty sure I don’t eat the recommended daily requirement.

http://www.vnv.org.au/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=195&Itemid=133

here’s another alright source for veg alcohol.

Great resource, Nick. Add Mountain Goat to the list!

(Disclaimer: Not vegetarian or vegan, but like to support people/products where applicable.)

Nothing personal :slight_smile:

Is being a vegan more about personal health or ethics?

or self righteousness? :wink:

The cattle that leather comes from are different from meat ones. It all just about comes from India these days. Lets just say they don’t die a death someone practising Hinduism would appreciate.

day one is going pretty well, so far eaten: toast with nutelex for breaky with long black and a juice, some almonds for a snack, then an open sandwich with humus, sprouts, tomato, lemon juice, tamari, sesame oil, on whole grain bread. Think ill need to eat less bread tho. just did a decent shop for some good shit that looks pretty yum. Felt pretty funny checking the back of everything and had to reject something that “may have contained traces of dairy”. Other than that most things seem to have a pretty good vegan alternative. just did a bit of a search and saw this that i thought looked pretty funny:

[i]People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) promotes beer as an alternative to milk (see MilkSucks.com) and did so very strongly before they negotiated to pull their “Got Beer?” campaign from college campuses out of respect for Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). Their argument states that:

Beer has zero fat; milk is loaded with fat.

Beer has zero cholesterol; milk contains 20 mg of cholesterol in every 8-oz. serving.

Beer doesn’t contain hormones or antibiotics, while milk contains an ever-increasing variety of the pesticides and antibiotics fed to cows, including rBGH, the notorious growth hormone that can give guys breasts.

Beer has half a gram of fiber in every cup; milk has no fiber whatsoever.

Beer has only 12 mg of sodium per cup. Milk is sky-high in the stuff.

Beer has 3 grams of complex carbohydrates in a 12-oz. glass; milk has no complex carbohydrates. [/i]

Obviously wouldnt have beer on my cereal but i liked the idea.

fuck man, you eat better then I do and i’ve been vegan for a year and a bit now… probably longer. actually i haven’t even eaten today. im going to go make a coffee.

also 2joes, can you try and PM me your email? trying to shoot you a PM and it’s just not going through…