vegan for a week

“may contain” is still vegan by my book. it just means it’s made in the same factory as dairy products.

also, i highly recommend the book “animal ingredients A-Z”. you will be surprised, disappointed and grossed out.

I drink a heap of milk, but could possibly ease my intake after reading stuff like that.

eggs are a pretty important ingredient for mayo, but a damn good portion of the ‘mayo’ on supermarket shelves has nothing to with the original recipe (eggs, oil, lemon,salt). read the ingredients on any ‘low fat mayo’ its basically just water, canola and a bunch of thickeners

PETA? The terrorists organisation (http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/12/peta-classified-terrorist-threat.php)? :slight_smile:

The problem with modern milk is that the cows have been pumped full of crap (http://www.codexalimentarius.net/web/index_en.jsp … yes this in place here in OZ) then it is pasteurized and homogenized.

My GF is allergic as all hell to modern milk, but can drink straight from the cow milk without issue. Pitty drinking it is illegal.

It’s made from wheat gluten, it’s flavoured bread, I wouldn’t be fussed with putting that into bread…

i’m no real fan of PETA either.

try these guys instead:

just watched the pet section of this- full on to say the least. putting an alive dog in a dumb truck is fucked.

I was referring to the actual bread, which more than probably contains highly processed white flower, which is up there with processed/refined sugar. Wheat contains opiates. When it is then processed (bleached etc…), it might as well be a poison. It is not all that friendly to your immune system as well.

Cut refined sugar and white flour (yes that means pasta) out of your diet and you will notice a huge difference.

Now I am starting to sound like a Vegan :smiley:

is spelt flour any better?

Fixed the spelling now… but dam that was good :slight_smile:

Not sure about spelt, never tried it.

“music by Moby” - yep, that’s enough to make me sick and i didn’t even get to the animals dying

edit: ok, i realise my unintentional lol.

That’s quite cool. I like that.

re: that paleo article.
did ancient man really make beef jerky?
can’t wait to see these nobs die of bowel cancer, sounds like some post-atkins garbage.
also, they seem to negate that ancient man mainly ate fruits,vegetables,berries,grains etc and once in a while were able to stumble across a dying yak or whatever.

So just curious of the motivation on here to become a vegan.

Is it because of the animal killing or the enviromental impact of eating meat?

is that directed to me or to vegans generally?

Im simply curious… i have eaten meat my entire life and decided to experience something different. Im not passionate enough to claim either of those (maybe just not yet). + im pretty bored atm and have lost alot of regularity so thought id impliment some restrictions to keep myself in line.

bit for you and for everyone else

I think it’s an interesting experiment.

…and I’m also glad that this thread hasn’t derived into a vegan vs. non-vegan shitstorm*

*yet.

I was contemplating going veg this year and I haven’t had much red meat in a while but I went to my old man’s for lunch on Saturday and he cooked me a fuck-off enormous T-Bone. Not only was it juicy and delicious but I woke up on Sunday feeling like I could run through brick walls AND I won my crit.

Got me thinkin’ it all over again. edit: mmmmm…meeat.

(True story, not a troll)

Not through lack of trying. I’ve been trying to spark something up all day but the hippies in here are like Bear Grylls trying to light wet grass with a flint.