Winter / rain bikes, fenders, tyres, lights and all that jazz.

Light, narrow, carbon, full (ish) coverage.

Not cheap (over $300), not quick fit.

don’t reckon they’d last long.

fark…

u rite

Hell of a way to Fredify your ride

So I put on the ez fenders today and ntbd,
They seemed to work, as soon as I left work for a ride it stopped raing and I stayed dry.

does anyone know if i’ll be able to fit PDW full metal fenders on a single-speed bike with track nuts (no QR) and maybe offer a solution to fitting them? really like the look of these fenders!

a recent thread and photos here: http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f9/tire-size-steamroller-31118/

Added some more fenders coz cellbikes are stocking a few decent ones locally.

How do the Toba Franks compare to Chromoplastics? Better/worse? Easier to install?

Can you recommend me some 26 size ones to fit 1.25-2inch tyres? Cheers Smuggie

Not directly directed at O

I recently fitted some of these for a friend (needed fenders and had to order stuff from ribble any way so took a punt):
Tortec Reflector Guards, MUDGUARDS ROAD

work fine, are cheap (there is a slightly cheaper version without the reflective stripes) SKS style quick release, nice hardware comes with zip tie on chain stay bridge (for it your frame doesnt have a bridge) and a rear reflector. not longboards long but long enough that an extended flap should get you most of it

drill out the QR hole to your axle size…

what’s the OD on them Sime?

If it’s the same OD as the track nut washer it’d be fine, but what a pain to secure and drill out bit by bit.

H: Chromoplastics. 55mm will do. Just like the first post in this thread says. y’know, if you read it.

20mm, should work fine. Just make sure the larger hole is drilled concentric. Any good bike shop with a drill press or vice should be able to do this quickly for little charge if you don’t have the sufficient tools.

Which shops in Melbourne stock Honjos?

About to pull the trigger on one of the battery lights but i’m seriously torn between the Trelock and the Philips. I love the battery life on the Trelock and that it’s relatively small, though I’m not 100% on the narrow beam pattern. Philips beam looks great but loses out on size and battery (in comparison to the Trelock). That being said, i’ve never owned a light with a shaped beam so i’m sure that i’ll love whichever one I choose. Should I just flip a coin?

Yes, I’ve done it, but they are small and hard to clamp down on the drill press, take it slow.

I’d guess it’d be the classic answer of ‘Commuter’ but I’d call, can’t think of anyone else that’d stock em.

Also, I have these:

Bike24 - SKS Bluemels Mud Guard Set - black shiny in the 65mm width/28x2.1-2.35"

Only reasonable guard for 29ers that’s available (seems planet bike is better but hard to get).

on my Rawland with 2.2 tyres (which measure true to size), just enough coverage. They are rated to 2.35 but I don’t think I’d go bigger than 2.2.

Little rattly as they are flexy side to side, so when you stand and pedal+bump they rattle, fine for bumps straight on.

Enough coverage down by your feet it seems from riding home last night, though might try find some black flexy plastic for mudflap.