Beastie Boys Appreciation Thread

Let’s give video cameras to the audience…simple, but brilliant.

The set list I obtained from the '99 Hobart gig. Note Gonna Ride My Bike.

[

Image not working? Try here: Beastiemania.com - Gigography - Complete history of every Beastie Boys Performance](http://www.beastiemania.com/gigog/images/990527-setlist.jpg)

god really?!

i remember you were there with hayley i think, you both managed to get into chemical brothers just before the police blocked the entrance with their stupid fucking horses and nearly started a riot.

oh yeh thats right, i remember now. they stopped so many people from going into the boiler room that the place was half empty, so much room to dance, was rad!

WHY DO I REMEMBER SHIT LIKE THAT AND NOTHING ELSE?!?!?!?!?!?!

sorry, folks, as you were

Hang on, you made that cover? Sweet!

i’m fairly ambivalent about the beasties. in particular that track Body Movin’ shitted me so bad. Was everywhere in grade 12 and i hated it so much. Intergalactic was sweet though. and yeah, Benny And The Jets was also excellent.

and of course, Sabotage is singlehandedly the GREATEST MUSIC VIDEO OF ALL TIME.

Yeah I was pretty stoked when I rocked down to the local record store and saw my picture!

Some of the Body Movin’ remixes drive me nuts now, more so because I listened to them waaaay too much. Now the original version is kind of refreshing! Good clip, though - the Fatboy Slim one.

My first interaction with Beastie Boys was from my older brother. Him and his friends were listening to Licensed To Ill on cassette when I was about 8-10 years old and I remember putting it back on when they left and thinking that it was pretty bad arse stuff for a little kid to be listening to.

Faves would have to be Check Your Head and The In Sound From Way Out instrumental compilation. I fucking want that on special edition double wax so bad!

I’ve got it on black, but yellow vinyl has alluded me. The double LP is a bootleg…yeah I want it, too!

My collecting days are kinda over now (replaced with a mortgage and child), but I would still like The In Sound on yellow vinyl, Aglio E Olio on clear, and the ‘official’ Country Mike’s Greatest Hits. Plus some dudes just put out Paul’s Boutique demos/live versions on 8 x coloured 7”s…what!?

we hired a drummer once based on the fact he had a vhs clip of him screaming along to “egg raid on mojo” at a school talent show when he was about eleven, he had to wear a dracula mask cos’ he’d been expelled the week before.

I saw that “Awesome I shot that” at the cinema and thought it was amazing.
Although I have to admit the sabotage film clip has (in my opinion) become one of the most played out clips in music history.

I like this thread, continue.

dudes are selling that for 100 god damn dollars

I have to give props to www.beastiemania.com, the depth of information on the subject contained in that website is incredible. Up until recently Brian aka ‘Astrobboy’ ran a tight ship and kept everything up to date, with new additions as well as expanding the archives. I contributed a few bits and pieces.

Unfortunately he kind of quit being a hardcore fan last year, and the site has been left inactive. He sold most of his phenomenal collection – I mean, pressings from Guatemala, mis-pressings, live show vinyl – I grabbed a few things, but I was already winding it down.

If you’re a serious fan, take the time to check it out, it’s quite amazing…and maybe send them an e-mail to get their arse into gear!

Ahhh, it’s been a good 3000th.

Totes has. I’ve spent all arvo enjoying the B-Boys.

I’ve got more rhymes than Jamaica got mangoes…

picked this gem up at a borders sale for $4.99
Amazing pictures, well worth looking out for…

“if it,s going to be that kind of party i’m gunna stick my dick in the mash potata” still has my laughing to this day.

WHAT!? I never got it, but I nearly paid a whole lot more for it. Nice buying…I’ll give you $10 for it :smiley:

Oh, and the Beastie’s teach kids shit too:
Only 24 hours in a day
Only 12 notes a man can play

And this:

Um, when “you gotta fight for your right to paaarteee” was kinda of anthem of sorts at some of the (cheesy) parties I went to at Uni when it first came out - I’m pretty sure we played it at my 21st.

Apart from that the Beasties are rad for some other reasons:

1. inflatable knobs on stage;
  2. they snowboard;
  3. they skate;
  4. they incorporate jazz, punk and plenty of bass into their albums.

What’s not to like?

The Beasties are pretty damn amazing and TBH all their albums still sound fresh after all these years.
The fact that they take the piss all the time also makes me rate them - nothing worse than artists who take themselves far too seriously.
Despite plenty of fans out there in the woodwork I think they are still underrated within the masses. Tell some douche/colleague/aquaintance that you’re listening to the BB’s and they’ll say all they (the BB’s) are is Intergalactic or fight for your right and therefore they’ve had their day and they are a bit rubbish. The Beasties are soooo much more than that. The diversity within all their albums I still find amazing everytime I listen.

Saw them live in London in '05. Hands down the best and most entertaining stadium gig I’ve ever been to.

My GF thinks they’re one of the best bands of all time so, obviously she’s a keeper…