The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

yeh I think youre basically right but this was years ago just after the law was passed.

That said I think the main problem is the concept of cycling as some kind off societal/political body. When that’s the case then you have already shot yourself in the foot because every action you do speaks for all others from the group. It doesn’t apply to car driving so unclear why it does for ppl who ride bikes.

More generally my main gripe is the Australian habit of being so gleeful in their desire to dob others in. I see ppl break the law all the time but you see a particular desire to call out everything cyclists do wrong.

Yeah the whole you’re a cyclist therefore you represent other cyclists is stupid.

I once said to a driver who said I was giving cyclists a bad name that he’s like a murderer cos drivers kill 1000 people a year in Aus. He didn’t really get the link.

1 Like

Germany gives parents 14 months of paid Parental leave to share as they wish - we’re going for the 12/2 month split. Work contract has no expiration date, but I’ll need to renew my visa for the last time when I get back. I can apply for residency before the next visa runs out, but I’ll need to do a language test.

She’s reached a point of saying ‘nananana’ when she doesn’t want something - cool but a little annoying. Dadada has turned into just a sound for excitement (not the worst association). She’s also worked out a tongue click somehow.

1 Like

NSJ: house got burgled yesterday. Took two computers, old iPhone, iPod and some cash and made a huge mess
SJ: fast efficient police response, two really nice crime scene officers came by today, who were also very interested in our house renovation.
Efficient officer in Moreland who seemed onto it and keen to get a result.
SJ: tracked one computer to an address in lalor, officer was real fast and called me every 30mins with updates and for more info.
Made a warrant, arrested someone, recovered two computers. All today!

3 Likes

How about the iPod with 2Unlimited loaded up?

1 Like

That would have been a NSJ/SJ

are u telling me the system works?!

2 Likes

Kinda. And police can be nice and efficient

1 Like

ppl have been banned for less!

SJ:
Robbed a house, managed to score Two computers, old iPhone, iPod full of sick 90s dance music and some cash.

NSJ:
Got busted for it today. Kept the iPod but.
ACAB

5 Likes

WTB. Anyone got a cheap iPod?

Brendan is long gone.

2LiveCrew or 2Pac…

SJ: waxing a chain, the hot dip way. Kinda fun. Look forward to seeing it in 350km with no black crap on it.

1 Like

SJ: Sold a set of pedal straps to some kid in Melburn and some deep-v’s to another kid in Sydney. Seems there is a bit of a fixie resurgence amongst the youngins? Guess thats a small joy?

Maybe. Some dude pulled up next to me last week and wanted to talk gear inches.

did u tell him it was a private matter?

1 Like

I just slapped him and rode off in a huff.

SJ: I just moved house and I can now ride to work off-road the whole way, with countless gravel options.

NSJ: One of my all-time favourite bands, mewithoutYou just announced they’re breaking up next year, after 20 years

checkout person at aldi scanned my ginger as lebanese cucumbers. holy moly the savings!

2 Likes