The small joys today thread (a bit of Yang for FoA Yin of late)

absolute mad lad that dog.

Getting drenched on the ride home. But it just makes a strong, sweet, milky cup of tea all the better.

Checking your work email after ignoring it for two days and only having 3 emails. Non of which are pertinent

2 Likes

Knowing that spring is on the way by hearing birds at sunrise instead of the silence of winter.

2 Likes

took me a sec to remember youā€™re in the northern hemisphere! haha

2 Likes

Given the weather here lately I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he was in Melbourneā€¦

Hey Rolly, I sent you an SMS, but you didnā€™t respond, so I figured you were dead. Has your number changed or donā€™t you like me any more? (If you ever did, I can fully understand if you didnā€™t.)

SJ: Getting a free box of Cadbury Favourites almost every time I do an online order with a popular supermarket chain because they stuff something up.

Online groceries are so expensive Iā€™m surprised they donā€™t throw in a box with every order

#AldiDad

1 Like

The most smug I ever feel is walking out of ALDI with my fancy shopping bags in the trolley, silently laughing at all the folks re-packing their bags on the counter.

1 Like

i thought they were all weird about you loading up your own bags?? or is that just brunswickā€¦?

pinzo - when did you text?? no number change, but i did change providers, so unless you text during the small window it was porting, i dunno what happened there! iā€™ll check/text ya now!

So long as youā€™re organised and can keep up with their incrementally accelerating scanning (aka beep test) they wonā€™t give you grief.
But if you fumbleā€¦ youā€™ll be told.

iā€™m sure youā€™ll all be super glad to know that despite technologyā€™s best attempt to derail pinzo & i from being mates, we have overcome the challenge to successfully text one another again.

SJ indeed.

4 Likes

Heā€™s not Aldi material

chain hot-waxing? what is this?

Iā€™m seeing swayt fixays all over the city (but no ā€˜potatoesā€™ā€¦yet). Is it a thing again or am I having a kombucha flashback?

1 Like

possibly both I reckon.

1 Like

i helped my mate build sweet fixay with dual potatoes recently.

$250 for a pair of near new potatoes, cheap.

3 Likes

SJ: went proper camping for the first time with the fam, ie bush poo, shovel and all. It was nice to camp and not be amongst groups other people and families (our usual camp sites have been powered ones) Was with my wifes cousin who is an experienced camper.
SJ2: borrowed my brother in laws 4x4 dual cab triton, performed really well off road with some fun trails to get to the spot (nothing too crazy, but more than just corrugated unsealed roads)
NSJ: said wifes cousin got drunk the night before we were to leave and left his door ajar, dead battery. So had to drive out and get jumper leads and comeback
NSJ2: manoeuvring big dual cab in tight 4x4 trails so we could jump start wifes cousins car, I backed into a tree, big dent in the tailgate ā€¦.fuck.
SJ3: found someone giving away a free tailgate on facebook for the same model and colour I neededā€¦fuck yeah! (not perfect, but will be ok until I find a better one or get his old one fixed)

4 Likes

Classic Jase. Gonna rattle can it black?

i guess it would hide the minor dents a little better :thinking: