The 'what you've done to your bike today' thread

Pinch flatted a new tube putting the new tyres on the replacement wheels:

4 Likes

Nice matchy matchy bottle cages!

1 Like

Put the 38T narrow wide on the poseur-graveleur.

4 Likes

Built “Ron Burgundy” back up on Sunday.
Definitely a fun bike to ride and hopefully it gets that spark back to want to ride more. One lap of centennial park is all I’ve got in the tank lately.
Plans for the surly new bar tape and a smaller front chainring 46:18 is a bit much on the 35c tyres

6 Likes

Braking remedied:

3 Likes

Ditched the 50/34 chainrings
And replaced with a 38t narrow wide.

2 Likes

Got my self a 10 speed 11-42 cassette and a hanger extender to pair with the 38t nw chain ring I got the other week new chain and it’s changing sweet. Budget upgrade and saved my self buying a grx group set.

4 Likes

Cockpit and wheels update on the Rossin, Rolls/Record/1A/Giro bar to Flite/carbon post/3TTT Record 84/Eubios, and Rigida Chrina out, Open Pro CD ‘Open 4’ (cyclomondo stickers) in.
New Veloflex are chubby, hadn’t bought any in a while.

Cockpit update by floody31, on Flickr

5 Likes

Fitted my custom Hungry halfy this afternoon, great quality!!

4 Likes

Painted the fork for pizzazz, and assembled the rest of it. A largely parts bin build (or at least that was the original intention…). Ripper old Tange9000 Standish frame - surprisingly light.

Screenshot 2022-11-25 132031

1 Like

I have been putting this together over the last few months. Niner Air9, mainly for bikepacking.

Google Photos

5 Likes

Bought it last weekend, got it home and cleaned it, rode it for the first time in any seriousness today:

2 Likes

Sick

Chainstay protector using 3mm adhesive backed neoprene. Approx A3 sized sheet is about $11 from Clark rubber. Adhesive seems pretty tenacious, will see how it holds.

Google Photos

1 Like

neato!

New rubber for the Niner

2 Likes

some more musical chairs, Thunderbird went back to gravel mode so dusted off the dad bike and its back into commuter mode.

1 Like

State back in gravel mode

2 Likes

Switched the new commuter to 9 speed from 8.

2 Likes

Decent-looking commuter.