Unique car thread

Money no object?

Even in bog standard guise, still by far the ballsiest and best looking of the Skyline family:

Anything would be alright with me…356, 911 Targa, 911 GT2, Delta HF Integrale, Stratos, 850 T5R, 242GT, how long we got?

Spirito that exact ducati passed me yesterday at my work,
Damn sexy,
My mates dad has one of these damn fine.

Porsche 959

I love these. Timeless.

theres old italian steel then theres old japanese steel (not njs) an rx3 with 13b peripheral port with trumpets anytime… non of that queen street leb 20b conversions with glitter paint…(although i’d love a 20b in my rx7 any day)

Couple of better pics.

That motor show was pretty good. Prototype of the new Miata/MX5, which the wife now owns.
And a Maybach. Apparently some old geeza ordered the bigger one to replace his current one and fell off the perch before it arrived.
So many lights, so many reflections, so many people. Hard to get decent pics.

I’ve got a story about my dad, a ZA Fairlane, an R/T Charger and the Silver City Highway that I might tell sometime…

i read “skyline” and “family” and just assumed it was this one. taken from HERE, a look inside the Nissan Zema Warehouse. VERY photo heavy…

One of the best cars ever. For fun i watch/listen to this - always makes my day.

//youtu.be/FPADQCoS1-w

One day (when I have a garage) I’ll pick up a Junior 105 shell and throw in a Twin Spark 2.0l with lots of other goodies like this one.

//youtu.be/eW9n9BtxlaA

four mates, two slabs, a cortina, no windscreen (due to a low flying bird), sydney to melb, <5hrs.

i love dad driving stories…

Eat your heart out Ken Block.
Hope you have feet like a ballerina Spirito. Or some nice, hand made Italian slippers.

My mate spun his dad’s GTV 2000 Bertone in the 'burbs at 160km/h - never hit the concrete barrier but did flat spot all four tyres.

Didn’t one of those rare aluminium-body gullwings sell recently for like USD $4 Million? Amazingly ahead of its time- late 1950’s

The fact they recently went bankrupt will no doubt help this trend! GM fucked Saab over big time. A real shame since the new model that came out in the last year or two was actually really nice looking and got good reviews. A pity that for so long they didn’t have any new models.

I read a ridiculous statistic a couple of years ago that Saab Australia only sold single digit quantities in a financial year.

Fuel injection and funny doors.

It’s a stunning car, hihgly desirable and drop dead gorgeous but I don’t think it’s ahead of it’s time like say the NSU RO80, original Mini, Audi Quattro, early Citroen’s and very early Lancia’s etc etc

Saab did get well and truly reamed by GM. A Swedish consortium bought them back then ran into $$$ problems because of the GFC.
They are currently in negotiations with a Chinese company to take over the name and plant.
Wife works for Saab (aerospace/defence systems) and they get a lot of inside info.

I still don’t know why 1st gen. RX7’s don’t get the respect they deserve. Great looking cars, nicelly styled and all the fast bits if you want 'em.

Might be looking a long time there mate, Saabs are totally shit there is nothing right about them

I don’t mind them going under as I’ve found a lot of older Saab’s are getting cheaper very quickly. I know a lot of people don’t like the post '93 GM Saab’s but I look at them like any other car, and figure they’re good buying right now.

oh … my Mum used to work at the Moorebank Leyland offices/spare parts division in the mid 70’s (at Leyland’s peak ).

i dunno what i want, but if i have to buy a car for some reason, i want it to be ridiculous, like an old ZC fairlane or something else completely unsuitable for inner melbourne

My understanding was this fell-through and it’s all over?

There is a god